Friday, June 22, 2012

baby Hawk Owls





















young from several nests featured here -- amazing to watch them running across meadows and climbing  vertical tree trunks; the young in the nest were right at the tree line but the oldest brood were only about 4kms away from the late nest -- all seemed to be thriving on a plentiful vole supply -- and no we did not put the bird on the birch stump in fact I have to admit that I walked right past it so effective was its camo -- the last shot is one of my favourite images from the trip but I guess its all a matter of taste

3 comments:

Matt Latham said...

I have to agree that the last image is a bit special.

Isidro Ortiz said...

Preciosas capturas.Saludos

Pablo Fernández García said...

Congratulations Graham, splendid blog¡¡

Hawk owl is a bird especially photogenic, and your photos are especially good¡¡

All the best
Pablo