Sunday, August 25, 2013

Short-toed Lark less than record shots

in October 1991 I spent a week on Texel at an international bird ID meeting; in the course of that week I missed 3 county ticks, Desert Wheatear, Penduline Tit and Short-toed Lark; the wheatear took 8 years to claw back, the Penduline Tit I managed to self find two years later but the lark has taken 22 years eventually added to my Lincolnshire tally today at Gib Point after a fairly stressful 4 hours walking and searching -- it was always jumpy and never close in the appalling heat haze and its habit of flying across deep muddy and wet creeks between favoured feeding areas left us with some wet and filthy feet -- herewith some appalling shots of it just for my entertainment! its camo against the background was just superb and very frustrating








No comments: