Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Cetti's Warbler habitat

my photography is usually a reaction to what I see while I'm birding with little set up or deliberate targeting so I was quite pleased with this Cetti's as it shows the bird in its typical habitat and just how you often see one if you see one at all! -- I look at so many stylised picture  of passerines pose don set up perfectly pretty branches and perches by feeding stations or birds attracted by tape luring and although nice posed portraits they do little for me and the sense of achievement must be somewhat different? reduced? this type of work is very prominent in the states where flash is also invariably used to make all images look the same, well illuminated and pretty but characterless to my way of seeing birds -- a personal opinion and had this bird been fully out in the open then maybe I would have been a bit happier?

No comments: