Thursday, June 17, 2021

Corncrake

 My main photo target of the trip was Corncrake a species I had never photographed before - previous visits to the Hebs had been mainly in early to mid April before birds arrived and the 1978 trip in late May produced several sightings but the Zenit B was not up to obtaining images; I was pleased with these shots, there are always a lot of things that could have worked better but given the weather and constraints of a family trip I was satisfied

The first two images show how important it is to get there before the vegetation is too tall but overall I found birds were quite easy to see when singing and we had a couple that walked across the road in front of the car then calmly fed in the grass on the roadside



















1 comment:

Dawn Balmer said...

Fantastic photos Graham!