Monday, November 08, 2021

Red-flanked Bluetail day

 Having failed to get any shots of the Red-flanked Bluetail at Flamborough on Friday I went back today to give it another go and commit the day to the attempt; Initially and for long spells later the bird was in the tree tops, flycatching, and not at all photogenic but from time to time and later in the afternoon it came down low and chances of decent images were a lot better. I used the 1.4x and 2x converters with the 400DO2 and the Canon R6 and overall I was pleased with the results and the ability of the camera to find the bird in vegetation given that I pointed it in the right direction which was not always the case. I usually try to use the eye detect AF mode but sometimes start out by using the very small AF area then moving to eye detect once it has found the bird; I have the upper right hand back button set to toggle between four AF modes, smallest, single, group and eye tracking and use the shutter button to AF and shoot with - it seems to work for me - always a great bird to see and combined with the autumnal colours of the vegetation makes a nice image; 




















No comments: