Thursday, May 25, 2023

Alkborough Ibis fest

 Was quite chuffed to find a Glossy Ibis at Alkborough this morning then it flew and landed well away mobbed by Black-headed Gulls; turning I then saw an Ibis behind me and could not work out how that bird had moved that distance so quickly but as I watched it a flock of 7 flew past so 9 at least - then a flock of 10 got up and flew into a different field - sat one point I thought I had 11 but they were spread out and elusive at times so I left it at 10 but tonight 11 were confirmed - not a bad morning with a Great White, the Green-winged Teal still around and a couple of Spoonbills - needless to say the biggest flock of Ibis ever recorded in Lincolnshire but maybe just a refection of the ongoing destruction of the Coto Donana through legal and illegal water extraction to grow tomatoes for our supermarkets! 

The usual problems with heat haze and harsh light






















No comments: