Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Hoopoe at Alkborough

 a somewhat surreal day having forgone the long drive for the lapwing in Northumberland I decided I was going to break my recent bad form and find a goody at Alkborough; long morning walk, knee terrible and back at the car park another birder, there were actually only two of us there, asks if its me who has seen the Hoopoe on Birdguides? Errr no and there appeared to be no-one else about so after a leisurely lunch hobble down towards the dead wood and a movement on the track side morphs into a Hoopoe - it feeds on the path in front of me then walks under the gate and round the corner - by the time I wander down its gone but it gets relocated a couple of times and makes some long flights over the reedbed and into the hillside hawthorns - some images setting the event in local context - a new site record and still don't know who found it? 
















No comments: